MPSD School Nurse OFFICE
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO START SCHOOL?
- Medication form with provider signature and parental consent
- Parent must drop off medications in original container. Children are not allowed to deliver medications.
- A doctor’s note is required when your child has been absent with illness such as strep throat, scarlet fever, head lice, or questionable rashes. Please contact the school nurse office if you have any questions.
Should my child be at home or at school? -- SICK DAY GUIDELINES
- Fever over 100.4 degrees
- Undiagnosed rash
- Red, watery eye with yellow discharge
- Uncontrollable nasal discharge
- Excessive coughing or fatigue, sore throat
- Student should be fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before returning to school.
FOOD ALLERGIES CAN BE LIFE THREATENING
- Celebrations such as students’ birthday containing food items must be pre-approved by the Principal and a full list of ingredients must be sent in prior to the celebration. Please avoid sending in items that may contain nut products.
School Based Health Center| 1234 Madison High Drive| Tallulah, LA 71282| Phone: (318) 574-5371